Jim D. Dunham, P.E.
Jim Dunham has over 49 years of general engineering experience, including 21 years with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. His specialty areas include steel structures and protective coatings for corrosion control, with particular emphasis on water tanks. During his career, he has designed and supervised over 500 water tank construction and rehabilitation projects. Jim founded Dunham Engineering in 1992 and grew the company into one of the premier structural engineering specialty firms in the region.
- Provided engineering design and management for 1,000+ water tank coating and construction projects, and 200+ lead abatement projects in Texas over the last 20 years.
- Performed approximately 50 structural and corrosion evaluations on tanks, towers, buildings and bridges annually.
- Inspected and designed 5 elevated storage tank rehabilitation projects for Laguna Madre Water District all requiring a containment system to control debris.
- Inspected and designed elevated storage tank rehabilitation project for Los Fresnos, Texas. Project required a system to contain the blasting debris.
- Designed and inspected numerous East Texas water tank construction and rehabilitation projects for owners including City of Groves, North Hardin Water Supply Corp., City of Silsbee, City of Beaumont, Orange County WC&ID Nos. 1 & 2, City of La Porte, and many others.
- Designed containment systems for numerous bridge and water tank rehabilitation projects.
- Performed lead paint abatement of steel structures such as water tanks and water plants.
- Managed demolition of steel structures such as water tanks and water plants.